The LUCIANA was built in the Netherlands in 1916 as a sailing herring logger without a motor. In 1929 the ship was sold to Sweden and until well into the seventies it sailed as a cargo ship in the Scandinavian waters. Since 1982 it has been used as a sailing passenger ship with auxiliary engine.
Book your trip with the Luciana
The layout of the ship
- 4 four-person cabins.
- 4 double cabins.
- Mens bathroom with sinks and shower.
- Ladies bathroom with sinks and shower.
- 2 toilets.
- A common room with beer tap and a Hi-Fi system.
- Galley with professional 6-burner gas stove, large oven, 2 fridges and a freezer.
- Length 39 meters.
- Width 6.5 meters.
- Draft 2.5 meters.
- Displacement 168 tons.
- Fully rigged, the total sail area is 480 square meters. That is with mainsail, schooner sail, two topsails, jib, inner jib, outer jib, kite and knitting jib (razor sail).
- Auxiliary engine: 320 HP 6-cylinder Weichai diesel engine.
- Electricity supply: 24V, 220V and 380V.
- The ship sails under the supervision of the Dutch Shipping Inspectorate.
The history of the Luciana
The Luciana was launched on June 10, 1916 and entered service in July as a sailing logger VL 173 “CORNELIA AND PETRONELLA” for Viss. Me. Trust (Dir. C. van Yperen & C. van Heeren).
Jan 1919: KW 66 ‘MARCUS AURELIUS’, owner N.V. Viss. Mij. Willem Beukelszn (B. Dijkdrenth Jr).
Juni 1921: KW 66 ‘TWEE GEBROEDERS II’, owner Gebr. Bloot.
1928: Laid up.
1929: Sold to Zweden. Rebuilt for freight and equipped with an engine (70 PK Bolinder).
1930: in service as ‘KERSTIN’, owner Partrederi Sölvesborg (o.a. Nils Jönsson).
1958: Owner A.E. Henrikson, Göteborg.
1967: ‘SJÖBORREN’, owner RAB Sjöhästen, Göteborg.
1982: ‘FRISIANA’, owner J. Grondsma, Leeuwarden.
1989: ‘LUCIANA’, Owner Europe Sailing, Pieter and Sas Boot, Rotterdam.